Friday, June 26, 2009

A whole new world of ideas...

So, Thank you to Lisa, for re introducing me to the Fabulous Design*Sponge blog/site.
I had seen in once before in my quest for sites with great decorating ideas, but clearly did not give it enough attention. After Lisa brought it up to me on Wednesday, I've been on it non stop looking for great ideas, and boy, do they have a TON. There's some really great stuff I want to try.

a few note worthy tid-bits, I plan to take inspiration from:

This reminded me of a BEAUTIFUL snowflake project, Stephanie did in her living room over the holidays last year. I wish I had a photo of hers. It was really something. She had the snowflakes cascading down from the ceiling and intermingling with her shelf of photos frames on the wall. I hope she plans to do it again this year so I can snap a picture. Well, I was thinking it'd be fun to do something similar for year round decor, since I am on the prowl for wall art, why not make my own! I was thinking I could do something with Octopi! I'll think of something. I love how the horses are multi colored too! So fun. See the entry and how-to HERE.





Something I really would love to learn more about and how to do is furniture restoration and re upholstery, I love the idea that you take a piece of junk and make it something spectacular. I'm a cheap person, I think, and well some furniture is just wayyyyy beyond what I would ever feel okay about spending, especially at this point in my life. Also, I'm the kind of person who can always find something on anything that I like and nit pick at it, like "oooh, that's super cute, but I wish it didn't have that crazy color in it" If I could makeover used furniture, I could create it to my own liking. Someday when I have a nice workspace I can get messy inn, maybe I'll give it a try! The sites Before and After section shows some pretty amazing makeovers in interior design and furniture pieces. They show some pretty disgusting stuff in te before photos turned into lovely creations.

2 comments:

Emily said...

That site IS great! I love it.

Lisa Marie said...

My WALL ART project should be finished this week! As soon as I'm done I'm posting pictures! Stay tuned...